Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Tour of Marysville / Perry County"

Today Chop and I went out for a long and great ride. I have to say, it was a lot of fun! Beautiful day, Chop had a great route with a bit of everything: 3-4 short (but decently steep) climbs, big rolling hills, and some flats. We did 47.5 miles, about 3 hours, and averaged about 16.3 mph. It was good, long and hard enough to get a good work out, but not enough to wear us out for the weekend. I also taught Chop the "Sign" game that Jon and I play every once in a while. (someone yells Sign, the everyone around sprints to the next big road sign).

Pictures will be posted as soon as I get my photo uploading stuff that I left at Ship.

I did learn something today, don't get the Strawberry-Banana Gel Packs. They taste like bad melted rock candy. Chop said the Vanilla isn't to bad, I might invest.

Also, I have a bad habit of coming home after a ride, not stretching, getting a shower, and not eating anything for a long while (Jon yells at me, a lot). Well today I had a protein bar, pork, Chocolate Milk, and Oatmeal and Stretched out well. Also just had a Peanut Butter Milkshake and Steak For dinner. Feeling Good!

Hope everyone is having a good break! See ya'll soon.

1 comment:

Jon said...

That sounds like a good ride and excellent job on the post ride meal. I'm limping around today like a baby, it's really annoying.