Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Bicycle Advocacy Ode

I (well Jon) found this in his '09' Cannondale catalog and I thought it would be fun to share. I thought it was ironic that I found this as I am thinking of making an old steel frame I have into a single speed for around town. (project delayed due to lack of funds though...)
The Bicycle Advocacy Ode:

Ride a bike. Ride a good one. Pick your route to work, school, or to the grocery store. Skim quietly past the bored multitudes stuck inside tin coffins on the expressway during rush hour. Ride along the street, waving to pedestrians and grinning wildly with the pleasure of riding a bicycle. Remember that Einstein thought of the Theory of Relativity while riding his bicycle. Get on a bike instead of sitting on a sofa at home, stuffing your face with fried foods and farting while watching soul-killing shows about amateurs singing badly. Ride your bicycle for the good of the planet, using it for transportation and recreation. Ride your way to freedom from high oil prices. Ride for self-reliance. Ride Your Bike.
(One depressing thing, Einstein thought of his Theory of Relativity in 1916, and he was not on a bicycle. I just watched an Einstein special on the History Channel today, and It was much later at a different University in Europe where he was seen riding his bike a lot around campus). Oh well....

No comments: