Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MLK day riding

Wow. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures.

Yesterday we had a great club ride in couldn't-ask-for-better weather. Eight of us. Six of whom will be racing in Ship colors this spring.

I'm excited. Are you excited?

...

On the tail end of the loop, along Mud Level Road, Kelley and I were privy to some wonderfully picturesque landscapes. With six riders up ahead, every time you'd crest a hill or a little rise we'd see y'all--not in color, just a kind of shadow relief--against the deep blue of the southern January sky.

It was stuff worthy of Graham Watson.

I was moved.

...

Later, before heading home, I spun up the mountain towards Big Flat. It was a treat to see Cody flying down, deep in a tuck. Way to get in the tough bonus miles.

H(ing)TFU.

...

See y'all tonight.

No comments: