Thursday, April 7, 2011

tnr 4/5, results

Four Tuesdays in April...just enough to make a series out of the TNR!

On laps 2-4 points are awarded at the two traditional sprint lines. Three points for first place, two for second, and one for third.

And we've added a KOM...the hanging white sign at the top of the Strohmsburg (the highest point on Strohm Rd). KOM points are also awarded three for first, two for second, and one for third. (If I were good, I'd separate KOM points from sprint points, but who can remember all that while still racing? So, as someone kindly pointed out Tuesday, there's really just three sprint lines now.)

Points are also awarded to overall finishers:

1st............16 pts
2nd............11
3rd............ 7
4th............ 4
5th............ 2
everyone else.. 1

Winner of the overall series (so long as its not Jon) gets a special prize! (Sometimes promoters give winners shot commemorative shot glasses. I'm considering a generic juice glass.) And a separate prize for the highest placed Ship student. (I still have a $20 gift certificate to the bookstore to give away.)

-----

This last Tuesday eight riders braved the considerable drop in temperature from Monday and strong southwesterly winds for a lively TNR. Woltemade, TT Brian, Aaron, Dickinson Tom, Dickinson Mike, Flegal, Jon, and Dr. Goatesauce.

The young 'uns picked up the pace pretty heavy early on in the second lap, which unfortunately trimmed the group to a selection of five, then four rather quickly (next week, A/B group divisions for sure).

That left Jon, Aaron, Tom, and I together at the end of the third lap, where I tried to take advantage of the strong tailwind and shed the other three on the finishing (third lap) climb. Jon stayed with me, then gave up (partly gassed, partly thinking I probably wouldn't be able to stay away), but later bridged the gap (which by this point wasn't very big) on the Strohmsburg, leaving Aaron and Tom the rest of the course to reel us in. Aaron was having a bit of an off day and that effort proved fruitless, about as fruitless as my two attempts to shake Jon prior to the finish, where Jon quickly dispatched me in the sprint.

4/5 overall results:
................. finish .. sprint/KOM .. points
................. points .... points* ... total

1 Jon Marshall .... 16 ........ 15 ........ 31
2 Dr. G ........... 11 ........ 16 ........ 27
3 Dickinson Tom .... 7 ........ 10 ........ 17
4 Aaron Snyder ..... 4 ......... 4 ......... 8
5 TT Brian ......... 2 ......... 2 ......... 4
6 Chris Flegal ..... 1 ..................... 1
7 Dickinson Mike
... 1 ..................... 1
8 C. Woltemade
..... 1 ..................... 1

* Yes, I know there are 27 + 18 + 9 = 54 sprint/KOM points available, and that's a lot more than the 47 points recorded above, but I can only record what people tell me. Think those extra 7 points are yours? Let me know!


See y'all next week!


ps If anyone knows a better (easy) way of making charts in blogger/html, I'd love a tutorial. (I thought my old school courier strategy was pretty good, until I saw that blogger removes extra space characters, so that's why all the periods.)

No comments: